Guide to achieving the perfect Tan. Part 4 – TAKE IT UP A NOTCH
how to get the perfect tan
It has come to the final part of our guide to achieving the perfect tan.
Now if you follow the steps in the previous guides, you should be well on your way to getting the perfect TAN.
In this wee blog we are taking it up a notch, several tips and techniques to give you a truly bitchin tan.
For me it's about real-looking skin, the skin needs to act as a background colour so that it complements the rest of your look - your hair, nails and most importantly your dress.
The trick is for your tan not to overpower your look, so these tips will simply enhance the tan with a subtle sexiness.
ENHANCE THAT TAN
- LAYERING. Apply your tan using a mitt, wait 1 hour then apply a second layer. Always layer on the same day. This gives a sensual deep luscious tan
- BUFFING! Once self-tan has been applied don a buffing mitt & gently dab away build of tan. This ensures streak free even colour
- Contouring Your tan on the body is a must if you'll be showing arms and shoulders in a strapless gown. An extra layer of product on top of your existing colour should be applied sparingly from the top of the shoulder and dragged under the arms. A trusted mousse applied with a tanning mitt helps make this easy and effective
- Get noticed! Maximise your cleavage by contouring. Put on push-up bra then shade from the top of breasts down into the cleavage
- Glistening limbs look leaner & sexier. A spritz of Johnsons Baby Oil Spray, on arms & legs will help your tan come back to life
- Perfect way to set off your new tan Run a shimmer stick along the shins to help elongate the legs.
- Apply thick moisturiser after self-tan application to give the skin that glowing, holiday, just out of the sea look.
- Stand out. The finishing touch to self-tan. Add a bronzer to the collar bone and tops of the shoulders to finish off the luminous glow.
- Apply a small amount of blusher to the apples of your cheeks, otherwise the tan can look too uniform and flat. swirl a soft blusher brush into them and lightly sweep my cheeks for a seamless effect
Well that should be on the road to tan perfection. These rules apply whether it’s a self-tan at home or if you get a spray tan done at the salon.
If you don’t have time to go to the salon you could always give Beautyrokz a call and we will bring the professional salon to your door.
Happy tanning xxx
ANGELA @ BEAUTYROKZ