Guide to achieving the perfect tan part 3 – AFTERCARE.
HOW TO FAKE TAN
Welcome to the 3rd part of our guide to;
achieving the perfect tan – AFTERCARE.
This parts is about ensuring the hard work you have done on achieving that perfect tan, stays with you as long as possible.
The process is the same for both a self-tan at home or after a spray tan by beautyrokz at home.
By following the next steps it should help you maintain the tan up to 7 – 10 days after the application.
Keep smiling – keep that tan going
WHAT TO DO AFTER A SPRAY TAN
- Directly after tanning. Try to avoid washing your hands as long as possible in the development time, min 2hrs. Use hand sanitizer or wipes. Wear loose clothing & avoid tight-fitting underwear. Anything pressing on the skin may make it patchy. Avoid deodorant, perfume & essential oils when applying self-tanner. Wait till dry.
- Do not. Shower or workout for 8-to-12 hours to maximize colour potential and longevity. The morning after, wash off product & PAT dry with towel. Apply lots of moisturiser & do so every day to make your tan lasts
- Hot bathsCan dehydrate your skin. Stick to cool showers, & use a moisturizing shower oil to lock-down your colour. Do NOT use bar soap! Beware: Soaps that contain Sulphates and Phosphates such as Dove can streak and fade your tan.
- Moisturize Moisturize Moisturize!!Morning After & Evening. Hydrated skin makes your tan last longer & your skin will look LUSH! This means inside and out, to make sure your tan endures, you need to stay hydrated. Drink lots of water & apply moisturiser daily. Use water-based moisturizer to ensure skin absorbs all the tanning product
- 5-7 days afterTan gently exfoliate skin. Repeat this every 2 days thereafter to ensure tan fades evenly. This will get rid of any dead skin cells & will help the tan fade evenly & stop any patches & you are ready for next 1. A gentle exfoliating shower gel every other day is ideal for this
- Protect If you’ve got the Legs & shoulders out and its raining (not unheard of in this lovely country), apply an extra layer of moisturiser to give some protection against rain and minimize those nasty running streaks.
- Tan often?Make sure you exfoliate regularly to avoid build up as several layers of tan can lead to uneven results. You can apply baby oil to the skin. Leave 10 minutes Exfoliate. This will help remove any excess or bad tan.
- After tanning;Check your product labels and avoid any that contain alpha hydroxyl acids (AHA’s), as they can strip colour.
- DON’T Shave the day after tanning, if you have to, use an electric shaver as this will not remove your tan.
- Don’t Be tempted to reapply Fake Tan everyday this could leave your tan looking for from natural! Continually moisturize to prolong
Now that should be you on the road to perfect tanning. Look out for the final part PIMPIN that tan, little amazing tricks to really set off that tan.
HAPPY TANNING. Xx