Guide to achieving the perfect Tan. Part 2 – Application
HOW TO fake tan
Welcome to the 2nd part of our toptantips blog.
Achieving the perfect tan - Application
In this section it’s all about the application. To get a flawless all over glowing tan getting beautyrokz to bring the salon to you is great, but sometimes you just want to quick n easy self tan. I know I do.
So when you are just looking to top up your tan for a night out, or like me, you just hate being pale in any situation, follow the instructions below, and the application should be made easy. When you combine that with the prep instructions from last month, you should be on your way to achieve a great flawless tan.
Flawless all over self tan
HOW TO APPLY FAKE TAN
- Good loud tunes, preferably up tempo Glass / bottle of wine &Get READY TO GET yer Tan on.
- Wait Avoid applying fake tan straight after bath or shower, hot skin can cause fake tan to drip causing streaks. Let body cool 1st, Rubbing ice on the face will also close the pores
- TOOLS Use Disposable Gloves for application. The tighter the better for smooth application.
For protection of your hands and great smooth application of home tan
A MITT IS A MUST FOR BEST RESULTS! You can buy both relatively cheaply from salon stores.
A must have for home tan application.
- When applying fake tan using a mitt, apply 2 or 3 dabs, then FOLD the mitt in half to soak up any excess product off. When applying self tan to face on the tanning mitt, you can if you want, combine a small amount of moisturizer & product to give natural lighter finish. This is good if you are nervous about the finish or the desired look is more natural.
- Start with the face then work down the body in stages, leaving the hands and feet until last. Work in circular motion on the neck, down onto the chest then stomach. Go across the shoulders over the back letting the mitt do the work. Do the lower back, then round the sides ensuring even coverage. Do the legs in downward circular motion, turning the mitt around the legs as you move down. Bend the knees and sweep across, this will stop any crease marks.
- Feet & Hands. This is a tricky 1 and is the easiest thing to get wrong. All the hard work you’ve done creating a beautiful bronzed bod is superfluous to people simply commenting on your orange hands. When applying fake tan to feet, use excess product from the legs over the feet & ankles. The same rules applies to the hands, do not put product directly onto the hands, but simply work the product down from the arms across the wrists on the hands. It will ensure even, not too dark, tan.
- Avoid too much tan at once (you can add another layer later) Apply your tan using a mitt, wait 1 hour then apply a second layer. Always layer on the same day. If you’re fair & want to go dark, do couple of applications of light/med shade, rather than a dark shade; it gives a more natural look.
- Drying. Tan takes longer to dry when weather gets this cold. Speed up with hairdryer. Low cool setting avoids streaks
- Easy does it.Make sure you don’t vigorously rub in yourself tan. Gentle smoothing is all U need, then you can let the product do its work.
- Check it….Twice!When applying tan, make sure you’re done ALL OVER don’t worry if you do the same area twice, tan will only be patchy if you miss. Don’t be tempted to reapply Fake Tan everyday this could leave your tan looking far from natural! Continually moisturize to prolong.
For the perfect tan its lots of little simple steps and when done right the results can be amazing. If you simply grab a bottle fling it on then it can be disastrous. I will be doing the aftercare blog very soon and then followed by some extra tips to take that tan up a notch to super sexiness.